Andy Hall

Default Screed how long to dry URGENT REPLIES NEEDED HELP!

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:58:41 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Help!
There has been some confusion over whether we can seal our slate tiles as
our screed has been only laid for 5 days, would it really be a problem
sealing the tiles as we can't grout till the tiles are sealed/stain stopped.
What problems would be encountered if we seal it and the screed hasn't
dried????

Would appreciate answers very soon

Thanks

Martin

The advice I had from several sources when a screed was laid in my
conservatory on top of a concrete base was to wait a week after the
oversite concrete before screeding and then 3 weeks after that before
laying slate.

You should really wait before laying the slate, never mind about
sealing. Curing of the screed is mainly a chemical process, but if
you are too fast off the mark in laying the tiles, I understand from a
professional who did that there is a risk of the slates either lifting
or cracking.

It's a case of being patient.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl