Cicero wrote:
It's not clear from your posts what type of wrench you already have. Have
another look at Screwfix
(http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...nid=RDVGRZNFIN
HBJCJO2C1CJ0Q?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=basin+wrench&n=&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x
=9&y=10) to see the other more common type of wrench - the duck's foot
wrench.

I know that the tap is held to the bath by a retaining nut but it's usually
possible to turn the tap to free off both nuts at the same time. Give it a
try but watch for damage to the bath and make sure you're not twisting the
pipework too much.

That is a good point actually, I can get a good grip on the nuts and
then, as you say use a wrench of some sort on the tap as I can make as
much of a mess of that as I like.

Thanks for the idea(s).

--
Chris Green