John Stumbles

Default Power Shower Problem

"Fredrick Skoog" wrote in message

"Harv" wrote in message

The pump on my power shower is playing up and I was looking for some

advice.
What happens is that after about 10-15 minutes use (or two successive
showers say) the flow suddenly goes very hot, loses all pressure and

then
stops altogether. The pump seems to have died but then starts to

'twitch'
every five seconds or so, which continues even after the tap has been

set
back to off. The only way to stop it twitching is to turn it off at

the
plug.

I would check the header tank, as it sounds to me as though it is

emptying.

Mine gives the same symptoms when two showers are taken succesively, may

suggest allowing the tank to refill between showers?

Harv

Cheers Harv,

I can see why the pump would suddenly 'die' if the tank was emptying but

why
would it twitch?

Maybe air getting into the system (creating an oscillation driven by the
pump compressing a bubble of air)?

--
John Stumbles