Martin H. Eastburn

Mark Rand wrote:
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 07:37:22 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

The method I employed was to set up an array of integers of the F size.
e.g. Not so easy to guess when the numbers get large, but 1000! is under 2000 digits.

Then take the first two numbers and multiply, place the results into the array.
Multiply that by the next number - and when done, make sure each array element is a
single digit. If not - bump it up.... and re-test...

This then takes massive numbers and puts them into very simple baby talk numbers.
Any system can handle one digit vs. another. (unless it were a 4 bit o.s. :-) )

Martin

What's that Martin? You got some sort of prejudice against BCD???

Mark Rand
RTFM

No in fact I wrote a 64 bit to BCD converter - both directions many years ago. The
nasty trick was to build the hardware display it used. Seven Segments were expensive
and so were the BCD to 7-segment decoder chips. But I used TI's instead of the
handful of decode logic. Monsanto was the 7-segment maker for me at the time.

I later found out that an in-law type relative alt-tree type - was the
Fairchild VP for Opto. Such is life.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn