Mark D. Zacharias

Your friend is wrong. It must focus FIRST, then spin the disc. Focus fails,
no spin. Quite possibly a bad laser pickup. At the moment it "should" spin,
try helping the disc spin by giving it a push. May take a couple tries. If
it takes off, even spinning weakly, the spindle motor is bad. Sometimes they
can be fixed by spraying the brushes with cleaner. Let us know and if this
is the case maybe we can walk you through it.

Mark Z.

"Erik" wrote in message
om...
I forgot to mention that I checked all leads to pickup and motor, they
are ok. However, there is no voltage at the terminal the motor
connects to, probably the same thing for the coils at the
trackingdevice connection. When it tries to focus, I can see a dim red
light, apparently the laser is ok. There are a couple of boards in the
unit, but in this case I think a part of the RF/SERVO(f) board is
likely to be failing, the board is in two parts, the part where both
the motor and tracking connects to is a vertical mounted little board
on the larger mainboard, where the other cables from the pickup goes
to.

Hope you can help me on this one.

Thanks in advance, Erik