Cicero

wrote in message ...
Cicero wrote:

I don't think that's much different from what I already have.

Maybe I'll try the 'wrench on the basin wrench' idea, and if that
doesn't work I'll cut the pipe and re-plumb.

--
Chris Green

==============
The head swivels through 90 degrees and the spanner end is spring-loaded

grip the nut - much easier to use in a tight space.

Whatever you use it sometimes helps to get someone to turn the tap

itself
whilst you hold the nut with your spanner.

Can't do that, what I need to undo is the nut on the compression
fitting which is on the tap. There is a separate nut holding the tap
onto the bath.

--
Chris Green

================
It's not clear from your posts what type of wrench you already have. Have
another look at Screwfix
(http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...nid=RDVGRZNFIN
HBJCJO2C1CJ0Q?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=basin+wrench&n=&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x
=9&y=10) to see the other more common type of wrench - the duck's foot
wrench.

I know that the tap is held to the bath by a retaining nut but it's usually
possible to turn the tap to free off both nuts at the same time. Give it a
try but watch for damage to the bath and make sure you're not twisting the
pipework too much.

Cic.