Lasitha

Default How do I break open a leaver lock?

"Alex" wrote in message
This is a lever lock guys not a yale lock,if it is possible for a jigsaw
blade to fit between door and frame then use a metal cutting blade,and cut
through the bolt ,it works for me everytime,although it may not work on
expensive locks like chubb as they have rollers in side the bolts.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried to take out the broken part of the key, but it just won't come out.
Given that the door is still locked, I guess the only option is to cut the
bolt with a hacksaw or a jigsaw. There's enough room between the frame and
the door to get a hacksaw/jigsaw.

How would a locksmiths open it?.

Lasitha