Harvey

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
HI All

I need a quantity of non-polarised Electrolytic caps, radial-ended, in
order to re-cap an old Lowrey electronic organ.

According to the parts list the original components are 3uF / 20V -
but something near to this (maybe 4.7u) would do - likewise the
voltage rating - but component size is fairly important as the
replacements need to fit in place of the originals (5mm diameter /
11mm long).

There's one of these components for every key on the upper manual -
they control key sustain - so about 40 would do nicely.

I can find a 3.3uf / 100V at 34p per 5 (www.cpc.co.uk) - wonder if
anybody knows of any alternative UK suppliers, tried Maplin & RS
without success..... any other suggestions please ?

TIA
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Rapid Electronics do a range of non-polarised here
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rk...2536&XPAGENO=1

(from http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/) - they do a 4u7 35v in a case size
of 11 x 5mm for £0.048, or cheaper in quantity.
They also do a 3u3 100V in a case that's 11 x 6mm for 7p each (or 6.4p if
you want 40) - but I'm not sure how well a 100V rated non-polarised would
behave with less than 20V on it.