Paul K. Dickman

Tom wrote in message ...
Canada? I'm in New Zealand and Mobic is a Boehringer Ingelheim (German)
product.
Have another go..

Tom

When I referred to Canada, it was concerning the website you had in the
original message. The Canadian pharmacy listed them for .89 each, while the
American wanted 2.60.

Frankly, I had mentally shuffled the decimal point in your message, and had
assumed (wrongly) that you were just another yank, whining about how they're
getting ripped off.

My apologies for lumping you in with us poor slobs north of the equator.

In America, we cannot take advantage of the same sort of government
sanctioned collective bargaining, and let market forces on imported drugs
control the price. Once OKed for importation, all the government can do is
impose tariffs. Then it is up to competing importers to set the cost.
Usually, as high as the market will bear. None of these actions lower the
price.

While it is reassuring that the rest of the worlds drug manufacturers are in
the same boat as we are, it does not bode well for the pharmaceutical
industry world wide.

I am curious as to how much they cost in Germany, and whether their
intellectual property rights are specifically addresses in the EU treaties.

Paul K. Dickman