Phillip Nevling

Ron Moore wrote:

Well, if you really wanted 12V, I believe a bit of re-busbaring would
give you that. I'm guessing that with 6 diodes, there's 12VCT on each
phase. You could only get 8,000 Amps (I think) by using a bridge,
though. Maybe only 4,000 because of the diodes. Oh well. Now, just
getting those bars to move around......
Ron

Ken Sterling wrote:
A friend has a power supply we're trying to figure out what to do with.
Anyone have a need for 6 volts DC at 25,000 AMPS!!!? It weighs a bit
over 10,000 lbs. If not, how about some (6) 130VDC diodes at 4,000
AMPS? Interesting array of copper bus bar as one could imagine. Quite
a transformer as well: 440v at 600amp input. Oh, yeah, a bank of 130VDC
caps at 97,000 mfd, about 5 farad total. Any ideas????
Respectfully,
Ron Moore
When it was placed on the dual axle heavy steel tralier, just behind
center, the back end of the Dodge dually pickup found air beneath the
tires and proceeded downhill. Exciting day, all-in-all.

Geeeezzzzz, if ya just had TWO of them, you could make a decent 12V
battery charger....
Ken.

Sounds like a rectifier for a plating shop. If the unit hasn't started to
rot yet from the acid fumes, you might sell it to a chrome plating shop.