Rich Greenberg

In article ,
David Smith wrote:
Our tract builder didn't leave any visible markers on where our land
corners are, and we are thinking about putting in a new fence, and so
I'm considering having a land survey done for peace of mind.

Q: If I hire a company to find my boundaries, how accurate are they?
Are they within 1/10", 1/4", 1/2"...?

Ask the surveyors.

Q: Any suggestions on how to find the best and most accurate company
to do the work?

Yellow pages, or ask your Real Estate broker.
Or ask the builder who they used, they might be able to provide a survey
map from thier files.

Q: If I find the metal pole in the ground, would my property line be
dead center on that pole?

Probably
At least within the accuracy of the survey.
Look for copper tacks or nails in the curbs or sidewalks.

Q: If our land plots state that my foundation is 11 feet from the line
and my neighbor's is 6 feet from the line, does that always mean that
the property line should be right there +/- some error?

If both were surveyed and measured accurately.
Are the 2 foundations 17 feet apart?

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67