mikey

If you want to lose money on the job, charge 3x the material cost.
ie. is it for a family member where profit doesn't matter?

If you want to break even on the job, charge 4x the material cost.
ie. is it for a friend that asked you to build it as a favor?

If you want to make a living doing the job, charge 5x the material cost.
ie. is it for a customer?

In the case of a 13 yr old, perhaps ask them to help
and don't charge them anything...maybe it will stir
their inner woodworker.

mikey.

Sam Berlyn wrote:
Hi,

If someone asked me (a 13yr old) to build a bookcase, how much would you
charge?

I would think you charge on a per job rate, or is it hourly?

Say the materials cost £15 and it took 5 hrs, how much would you charge.

I am not going to start charging, as I am putting it down to experience,
just getting them to pay materials, but just wondering!

Cheers,

Sam