Randal O'Brian

Check your plug wires.

Randy

"Backlash" wrote in message
Thanks all, for your valuable input. Problem is, right now I'm in the

middle
of loading my entire workshop into a semi trailer I bought, so needed a
quick solution. Wife got a promotion, we're moving, and at the same time,

friend bought out my workshop property, so I had to clear that out also. I
think I'll measure the resistance of the coil, and see If I think I can
eliminate the resistor. I haven't owned the unit that long, and the coil
could just already be a more resistive coil. I'll let you all know what I
find out.

Well, off to resume loading. A neighbor has just called and offered his

lift
truck as a backup.

RJ

--
"Have no one say it, and say it to your shame, that all was well here,

until
YOU came."

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
You might use a new approach. Put in retrofit electronic points and

change
to a coil without a resistor.

THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER! I live in MN and I've changed all my old

tractors
over. Now they all start if the battery can kick it over and I haven't
replaced points in years.

This will cost you about $100. Any autoparts store can order them. I
couldn't find it, but there's an online website to get them cheaper,

just
for tractor restore.

Karl