Backlash

Thanks all, for your valuable input. Problem is, right now I'm in the middle
of loading my entire workshop into a semi trailer I bought, so needed a
quick solution. Wife got a promotion, we're moving, and at the same time, a
friend bought out my workshop property, so I had to clear that out also. I
think I'll measure the resistance of the coil, and see If I think I can
eliminate the resistor. I haven't owned the unit that long, and the coil
could just already be a more resistive coil. I'll let you all know what I
find out.

Well, off to resume loading. A neighbor has just called and offered his lift
truck as a backup.

RJ

--
"Have no one say it, and say it to your shame, that all was well here, until
YOU came."

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
You might use a new approach. Put in retrofit electronic points and

change
to a coil without a resistor.

THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER! I live in MN and I've changed all my old tractors
over. Now they all start if the battery can kick it over and I haven't
replaced points in years.

This will cost you about $100. Any autoparts store can order them. I
couldn't find it, but there's an online website to get them cheaper, just
for tractor restore.

Karl