Joe

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"Joe" wrote in message
A friend of mine is having her house rewired and from what I hear it

sounds
like a poor quality job. Am I right in thinking that a test certificate
should be issued on completion?

Yes. What are your/her particular concerns and have you spoken to the
contractor? Your friend should pay nothing until she gets her certificate.

Adam

The wife was on the phone to the friend this morning and the story is half
the money has been paid up front and the wiring will be finished this week,
but the floor boards will not be refitted till the week after as he has got
another job on. I dread to think what will happen if her 4 year old falls
through the holes!

Joe.