Ian

hmmm.... not really any room above because it sits under a kitchen worktop.

I'm just trying to get an idea about whether or not it's feasible to recess
the wall about 20-30mm.... the bricks are standard house size bricks, grey
with a smooth exterior. They seem pretty dense.

The wall is a partition wall between two flats built in the late sixties.
Bricks have been layed end to end in one row then the next row is side by
side (so the end of the brick is visible) autonated up the wall.

Do you think I'm wasting my time with this option or is it worth getting a
builder to give me a quote ?

Thanks.

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Ian" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply......

sink
\/\

| ____________main outlet.
|_____________|
1m run

So this will work ?, there will be enough natural preasure to keep the

flow
running?

I guess that the only problem will be food waste etc. getting stuck at
the
"up" point. It's a 40mm pipe BTW.

If I can recess the pipe though I assume this would be better?

Thanks agian......

snipped

Can you raise the pipework to the top of the washer and drop it down the
other side. Is there enough room for the 40 mm pipe to run behind the
washer nearer the top of it, say, just under its lid.

To tell you it's OK to start cutting chunks out of your walls, when we
don't
know exactly what they are made of, or how they are constructed, would be
silly thing to do on our part. You say the wall is grey coloured bricks,
but what type of grey coloured bricks are they. Are they thermal blocks,
which are much larger and softer than normal red clay bricks.

---