Peter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes there are via some buttons and an LCD display on the top of the

FF.

I have found the thermostat under the light housing with the paddle
valve I was looking for. Placing the thermosat next to a cup of tea
(not in it for obvious reasons) I was able to watch the temperature
readout on the LCD panel change. So the thermostat is fine. The

valve
is open so I would expect the cold air to be circulating. I shall

spend
some more time investigating the vents.

If the fan in the freezer is running and the flap in the fridge is

open then
either the flow or return ducts must be obstructed with ice.

Peter

I have tested the flap valve by putting an ice bock on the thermostat
and it closed at the preset temperature and then opened again when the
block was removed.
I shall wait until the food in the freezer has been eaten and then do a
thorough defrost.