George

It's a big genus. Not to mention that "Brazilian cherry" isn't....

http://www.abptrade.com/english/timber.htm

"Sam the Cat" wrote in message

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
newspsihjx8sxjbbkc6@nw4host...
I am looking at some crown molding, and at HD they have "Primed Pine"

for
about 2/3 of the unfinished pine. From the back it looks like pieces
finger-jointed together, and then milled and primed.

Is this stuff ok to use? Will is hold up, not warp, etc? I imagine

that
regular pine would be easier to cope joints, but the price difference is
hard to ignore.

I have been using plenty of this stuff -- works great for both crown and
base, especially if you are painting it

Question for the day is what type of wood is used --- the stuff I buy from
HD is marked as "product of Brazil" -- anybody know if they have "pine"
there -- can't imagine that we ship bits-o-pine there only to have them
finger jointed and shipped back.......... Inquiring minds.....