Ian

Thanks for your reply......

sink
\/\

| ____________main outlet.
|_____________|
1m run

So this will work ?, there will be enough natural preasure to keep the flow
running?

I guess that the only problem will be food waste etc. getting stuck at the
"up" point. It's a 40mm pipe BTW.

If I can recess the pipe though I assume this would be better?

Thanks agian......

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ian wrote:
The washer has a recess at the bottom for running pipes but this is
actually 10cm lower than the inlet into the main waster pipe in the
flats!, so unless anyone knows how to make water run upwards is chasing
the wall out my only option.

It's the head that matters - so dropping the pipe and then bringing it
back up again - although not ideal - will still work ok for a washing
machine. (think about a u-bend - this is exactly the same principle)

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.