Jim Koehn

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...oduct&ID=82327

http://www.micromark.com/

Micro Mark is a great source for small tools and parts. Also keep an eye on
E-bay I have gotten some real good deals on taps there, the small ones
don't come up too often but they don't sell high either.

"Wooding" wrote in message
trumpy81 wrote:
GDay All,
I plan to do some model engine building in the near future and it

crossed my
mind that I dont really know how to cut internal threads at diameters

smaller
than 3mm (1/8").

I know I should be able to cut external threads without too much bother,

but
how does one tap a hole for such small threads??

Needless to say, I'm not a machinist, yet! But I am learning quickly!

Any help you guys could give me, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, to any aussies here, where's the best place to buy drill bits from
# 80 - 1/8" ?, especially in Brisbane.

TIA

What nobody has mentioned is that small taps (1.5mm approx) are VERY
fragile and will break at the slightest provocation. You must take great
care to ensure that the tap is in line with the drilled hole at all
times and that there is no side pressure whatsoever.

--

Regards, Gary Wooding