Alan

In message , DBridge
wrote
I have a Hotpoint fridge/freezer ff93 which is about 3 years old.
Unfortunately the top fridge section has stopped working and currently
has a temperature of 18 deg C but the freezer is still working fine.
There is a small vent at the top of the fridge section which normally
has cold air coming out of it but now has nothing coming out of it.
I have removed the cover at the back of the inside of the freezer
section and the cooling fan is working. I have also checked the
compressor fan on the bottom of the unit.
The other end of the vent is in the freezer compartment - I have
tried forcing air through it with a hair dryer suspecting that it
might be blocked but no air comes out of the other end. Is there a
valve of some description in the pipe which could be stuck?
I am unable to get into the rear of the unit as it is a "flat back"
model. Does anyone have any ideas how to progress this?

Are there individual adjustments for fridge and freezer temperatures? If
so, possibly one thermostat has failed. It will be located behind the
temperature control adjuster and have a 75cm capillary tube (looks like
a thick wire) fitted somewhere inside the fridge compartment.

Replacement approx. £10 + p&p from CPC

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/searc...nSubmit=Search

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...CPC+Catalogue&
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=WG31636466

--
Alan