Sam Goldwasser

"William R. Walsh" writes:

Hi!

So long as the metal grid is OK and undamaged, the microwave is perfectly
safe to use.

The glass in the door may play some additional role, but that I am not sure
of. I remember having been told or reading somewhere that the metal grid was
all that was required to keep the microwaves inside the oven.

The metal grid is all that's needed. However, it would probably be a good
idea to glue a piece of plastic over the hole so no more water vapor can
get inside there (after it evaporates of course!)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.