Woodchuck

I'm all new at this but here's my 2 cents. Last fall I purchased the Ryobi
RE1800PL which I thought worked well, but then again being my first router I
don't know what "good" is. Well this past fall I was getting into my shop
again I found my Ryobi took for ever to startup to speed and made vibration
when used. Kinda always vibrated anyways and just figured it was economy
bits I was using. Now this thing only has a few hours of work time on it so
since warranty expired I stepped up to the PC 893PK. I couldn't believe the
difference between the two. Like going from a Geo to a Porsche! Got mine at
Lowes for 249 - 10% for matching HD coupon.

"cyrille de brébisson" wrote in message
Hello,

I am a sunday woodworker and own an OK set of tools (according to my
standard/useage at least).
I want to buy a new router (my $5 ebay one having given the genie out) and
I was looking at the Ryobi RE1803BK and the porter cable 694VK.

the Ryoby is cheaper ($150), 2HP, comes with a plunge base, a d handle
base and a fixed base (will be used to create a table).

the porter cable is smaler in size more expensive (200), 1.75 HP and comes
with the fixed and plunge base too.

What do you think is the best? is it worth the price difference?

thanks, cyrille