Harry B. Pye

I just bought a DVD call Bowl Turning by Del Stubbs. It says on the case
that the video lasts for 120 minutes. I haven't viewed it yet and was
wondering what your opinion of it is. I am new to turning.

I have Dell Stubbs video. It is good but somewhat outdated. There is no
question about Dell's ability as a turner and his enthusiasm for his craft.
In my opinion, there are some things that could easily be omitted. For
example, he spends a lot of time explaining his technique for allowing the
drive belt to slip giving him a variable speed lathe. Good tape but remember
a lot of water has gone under the bridge since the tape was made. The
techniques are still valid though the hardware has changed.

Harry