Colbyt

"Patrick Baize" wrote in message
I have a leaking 2nd Floor porch. It is also the roof/ceiling for a down
stairs room

Whats the best way to redo this. I would like floor tiles as the floor /
roof

I know I have my floor joists first, then plywood decking. What are the

next
layer(s)

Thanks in advance. I've searched all over the internet with no luck

Thanks, Pat

I have never done it. I have seen it done 5 ways.

Joists, plywood, EPDM, hardi-backer (or wonder board) and tile.
Joists, plywood, copper , hardi-backer (or wonder board) and tile.
Joists, plywood, hardi-backer (or wonder board) and tile.
The first two above using a mortar based pour over the substrate in lieu of
the backer board.

If it were mine I would use the first method because the only entry point
for moisture is the nail/screw holes. The copper welds can separate. The
pour is a bitch to manage. Hardiebacker or wonder board needs a moisture
block.

Colbyt