Andy Hall

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:03:33 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:42:38 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

I have a metal band one also, but the nylon one seems to work a lot
better.

I think that depends on what you are drawing through. I had an awful
time with a nylon one in 75x50mm ducting. Just enough permenant curl
in the nylon to prevent you being able to push it through as it just
rolled up inside the duct. A flat steel one was no bother. Same if
threading in a floor/ceiling void the steel will lie flat and be
pushed through the nylon just curls up...

However I wouldn't use the steel one if there were cables already in
place, it would slice the insulation very quickly if it got a bit
tight anywhere.

Mmm... In that case I was pulling singles through 20 and 25mm conduit
and it was certainly better than the tape for that. I agree though,
in a larger duct it could curl....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl