zxcvbob

Pelorus wrote:

I am in the process of installing a handrail down to my basement. I need to
attach two of the rail mounts to a cement wall. I spent a few hours trying
to drill into the cement--- very slow. I am using a 7/16th drill bit from
TrueValue-- it is new and I haven't turned the tip "blue." I got one set of
holes done (I need to go in about 1 1/2", but it took forever. Are there
better drill bits out there that might speed the job? I have a conventional
corded drill, not a hammer drill.

You should be able to drill it faster than that by hand with a "star
drill" and a small sledge hammer.

It sounds like you are using a metal-cutting bit instead of a masonary bit.

Bob