George E. Cawthon

m Ransley wrote:
Cawthon you stupidly said this last year. The fact is apx 150 people die
a year and thousands are made sick from Co.
Heating equipment doesnt " call" you when it goes bad. I have 2 Co
detectors

I've looked at the statistics and it appears that no one
agrees on the statistics. That said, I accept your 150
people dying a year but that is essentially an insignificant
figure for deaths in the large scheme and means that the
danger is insignificant compared to other causes of death.
Do you worry about being struck by lightening or use a
lightening detector? Do you avoid water for fear of
drowning? Of those 150 people dying at least 100 died
because of doing something foolish like using a hibachi in
the house for heat. If you want something to be concerned
with, worry about smoking, drinking, driving, falls in the
bathroom, drowning, poisonings (intentional), food poison,
etc. Nonetheless, you will probably die of circulatory
disease or a cancer. The chances of you dying of CO or even
getting sick is minuscule. Hell there are salesmen and
people that even believe you should have a CO detector if
you have an electric heating system.

Heating equipment, as well as plumbing and general
electricity and the failing structure of a house do tell you
when something is going wrong. Most people just don't
paying attention or recognize that something is wrong and
put off doing something about it.