Pelorus

If the masonry drill bit is ok, the concrete normal (poured concrete
foundation wall, 40 years old), and the drill spinning correctly---- could
the presence of stones (aggregate) in the cement be a problem? Can a
masonry drill deal with stones? Thanks for your help.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Pelorus" wrote in message
. com...
I am in the process of installing a handrail down to my basement. I need
to attach two of the rail mounts to a cement wall. I spent a few hours
trying to drill into the cement--- very slow. I am using a 7/16th drill
bit from TrueValue-- it is new and I haven't turned the tip "blue." I got
one set of holes done (I need to go in about 1 1/2", but it took forever.
Are there better drill bits out there that might speed the job? I have a
conventional corded drill, not a hammer drill.

Should not take that long. Either the bit is bad, the concrete
exceptional, or even the drill running in reverse (it happens). You can
rent a hammer drill to do the job in minutes.