Lurch

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 22:48:04 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
strung together this:

A history question. As I see far more 15 amp fuse wired radials than 20 amp
radials, did something change in the regs years ago to alter the rating of
radials from 15 to 20 amp? The usual fuse wire is 5, 15 and 30 amps wound
onto a piece of cardboard but I occasionally find 20 amp fuse wire on some
of these cardboard dinosaurs.

Think it was more that 15A suited some of the long runs of cables,
likely appliances and size combinations in the olden days. I think 20A
became more popular with the advent of more\higher rated appliances,
and then ring mains became the norm.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd