bob

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:20:44 -0800, bob wrote:

(Eithera) wrote in message . com...
I have a Saunier Duval ISOFAST 28 E whose pressure varies from 2.4bars
(when on) to 0.4 bars (when off for some time). I have to frequently
fill in. Sounds like the vessel is packing up. Any idea what is the
normal life of a vessel and what causes its failure? Many thanks in
advance

Hi, If there is no sign anywhere of a leak, remove the boiler cover,
you will see the pump on the left, about 2in to the left of the pump
is a flat red metal expansion vessel. Fitted to it is a "Tyre Inflater
valve" Press this in with a match, if water comes out it has failed.
You dont have to renew it, as that is a nightmare job, instead obtain
an expansion vessel (1 to 3 L) from plumbCentre and fit it in the
return line near the boiler.

That would likely be far too small.
See FAQ.

OK! so use one a Litre bit bigger then