Franc Zabkar

On 3 Dec 2004 16:16:20 -0800, (Zahary Karadjov) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello,
I'll be building VGA to RGB Scart cable as proposed in this article:
http://www.hezz.co.uk/page1.jpg
http://www.hezz.co.uk/page2.jpg
(scanned version)
I'm wondering which particular cable should I buy for the task.
Can someone evaluate for me the importance of shielding of each of the
cores involved in the cable: RGB(3), RGB Grounds, Sync, Sync Return.

To avoid ghosting issues, use 75 ohm cable for each of the RGB pairs.
As stated elsewhere in this thread, you can cannibalise an old monitor
cable for this purpose.

Thank you for your help and sorry if my english or terminology is not
very good.

The article states that VGA pin 13 is composite sync. My understanding
is that pin 13 is horizontal sync and pin 14 is vertical sync.
Furthermore, sync polarity varies according to the graphics mode. Can
Powerstrip redefine the function of these pins for TV mode?

- Franc Zabkar