Walter R.

Default Code Violation?

Hi

I live in California. Some time a go I replaced a 20 A GF Breaker in my main
entrance Panel (200 A). I connected the black and white wires from the house
to the correct terminals on the breaker. However, I connected the curly
white pigtail on the GF breaker to the other white wire (neutral?) going to
the house, with a wire nut.

Later on I read somewhere that the NEC prohibits wire nuts in main panels.
Is this
correct? Would a crimp connection (instead of a wire nut) between the white
wire and the pigtail be legal? When I press the test button, the breaker
disconnects properly.

I don't want to be called on this when I sell my house.

Thanks for any input

--
Walter