ARWadsworth

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sparks" writes:

I then realised the breaker is only rated at 16Amp
should this be 20A (As per normal radials?)

There may be some reason it's 16A. It might be possible to
increase it and/or change it to a type which will allow a
larger switch-on surge through, but not without inspecting
the circuit.

But is a 16 amp radial circuit for sockets acceptable? Garage CUs usually
come supplied with both a 6 amp and 16 amp breaker and it is quite obvious
what their uses are intended for. Recently during a test of one of my
rewires, the NIC guy I use made me change the 16 amp MCB for a 20 amp MCB in
the garage CU.

Adam