Frank Erskine

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:02:31 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote
| Then again Latin was never my strong point ever since my
| Latin master dropped dead after our second lesson and
| the school never replaced him.

That *is* impressive.

I only managed to make one teacher take about 6 weeks off work with
stress-related illness ;-)

My woodwork teacher ("Basher" Bates) was a really nasty piece of work.
He literally threw chisels and wooden jack planes at pupils. For a
long period he was absent due to a stomach ulcer (this was,
fortunately, long before these could normally be treated almost
instantly with large doses of antibiotics), so he was absent for about
a year. His replacement was a real gentleman, who taught the use of
PVA glue rather than Basher's scotch glue from a kettle.

--
Frank Erskine