MBQ

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message news:5aaf2bb94d0b1475e6870d917bd1d949.45219@mygat e.mailgate.org...

I rememberyears ago me mums valve telly going on teh blink (rental) the
bloke camne witha load of valves, and just replaced em one by one till
the set worked.

The last valve he replaced went in a box marked 'duff'

I asked what he had replaced all teh others for 'its quicker mate, we
just replace em all. Your mum's valves will go into the next set I visit'

Fault finding by a process of elminiation...

What one used to do was replace the ones that remained unlit when
switched on.

Nowadays the array of panels is replaced one by one as they can not be
seen to be disfunctional. I don't know much about the innards of TVs by
the way.

It shows;-) Most will probably have only have one card to replace.

MBQ