Jim B

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:53:19 GMT, John Smith wrote:

I bought 50 lbs each time from Costco, I pour it into 5 gal plastic pickle or
food container. One 50 lbs takes 1-1/2 containers. When I have one containers
left, I go and buy another bags and keep on doing it. These food containers are
free at any restaurants or fast food. They throw tons away everyday.

Most people don't wash the rice properly (wash away the vitamins), they contain
pesticides. Maybe Uncle Ben rice are process and don't need to wash.

Although rare, it's possible that the bugs came with the bag. I
once bought a bag of 50 lb of rice and put it in a closet. Before
I had a chance to open the bag, bugs crawled out of it. For the
past 25 years, I typically buy 100 lb of rice a year. That's the
only bag that had problems.