coherers

"CRB" wrote in message
m...
Having been told by TLC that Part P (specifically in relation to the
harmonised colours) will not come into force until 1st January 2006
(got it right this time), I have just been told by another electrical
wholesaler that although Part P comes into force on 1st January 2005,
the harmonised colour requirement does indeed only come into effect on
1st January 2006. This was confirmed by their supplier's
representative who happened to be doing his rounds at the time.
Assuming this to be true, does this mean only that Red & Black cable
cannot be sold after 1.1.06, or that it cannot be used (legally) on
new/extended/repaired/modified installations after that date? Are
there any other ramifications?

I was also told that any installation that uses both old and new
colours must be marked to draw attention to this fact. Can anyone
quote chapter and verse of this requirement, and is it retrospective
(I will be using harmonised colours cable to upgrade part of an
existing installation and will finish before 1.1.2005). Can anyone
see the sense in this particular requirement?

CRB

http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/cablecol.cfm