BitsNBobs

For robbing *******s like that I'd also be querying if those parts actually
needed replacing.

I'd report them to trading standards - do as much as you can to ruin them.

"Al" wrote in message
oups.com...
Recently I had to have some emergency work done on my central heating
boiler. At the time, the work HAD to be done, so I didn't question the
cost. I was informed in advance as to the cost of the parts and
requested a nbreakdown of the cost of each part on the invoice.
However, it wasn't until after I had paid (by VISA) that I investigated
the price of each individual part online.

I compared the online price with the manufacturers price and, where
possible, the B&Q price. The average overall price for the four parts
was UKP240 plus VAT. I was charged UKP657 plus VAT. Note that the
labour charge was costed separately.

I have written to the company to request, politely, an explanation for
the difference and today I received a reply clarifying this.
Apparently, as the company offer a 'rapid response service, the high
cost of offering this service" is reflected in their charges and their
part mark up.

Funny, I thought UKP47.50 for each half hour labour charge would use
that ecxcuse.

So, experts out there, do I have any justification in pursuing this
further, or do I just put it down to experience and accept that I
should have got more written quotes and gone with a recommended plumber
rather than Yellow Pages.