BigWallop

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:28:02 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:08:08 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

snipped

- Property is sold and buyer's solicitor/surveyor picks it up. I
think that this is the most likely.

.andy

The part above is the one that is going to bring everything into line.

It
is soon coming that the seller has the house the surveyed before a sale,

not
the buyers. So in a time when the house is going up for sale, the seller
needs the new paperwork to say the house is up to sellable condition,

which
includes the safety of all appliances and permanent fixtures that are

being
sold with house.

This is another complete nonsense. Who in their right mind would
rely solely on information provided by the vendor or somebody
appointed by him? There is a fundamental conflict of interest with
this, no matter how much is said about professional integrity etc.
I am sure that some unscrupulous estate agents will have their tame
"professionals" lined up to provide information that while perhaps not
a direct lie will have getouts or be economical on what is said to
give the barest minimum of information.

In the end, buyers, if they want to have reasonable certainty will
still want to have their own surveys so this only adds to cost and
creates jobs for the boys.

It is a blanket survey for all property sales across the UK, and must be
done by the vendor themselves unless they allow an agent on their behalf to
appoint one. It is set in stone what things are tested and checked, not
just by a tame surveyor but, by a fully qualified surveyor who just now is
wasted on fifteen minute trips to a house to check if it has a roof, doors
and windows. I do think that most of these "fully qualified" people will
have to be imported to start with because, as far as I've seen, the people
doing surveys here just now are no more qualified than a guy sweeping
streets.