Andy Hall

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:36:03 -0000, "Tom W"
wrote:

Hi

Can anyone tell me where to find out exactly what jobs will need regs
approval after 1/1/05?

You can look at the Statutory Instrument, or the Approved Document on
the ODPM web site.

I've not installed any new circuits yet, but have
greatly extended my ground floor ring main (from 3 sockets to 19 sockets,
still within the floor area regulation). Apart from the fact that I've not
had to fiddle with the CU, how does this differ from installing a new
circuit in the eyes of the regulators?

This will not be an exempted work. You are allowed to add a spur or
replace a faulty cable or wiring accessories and be exempt but that's
about it.

You can still do the work yourself but then you have to have it
inspected by informing the building control department at the local
authority,

I plan to do something similar with
the upstairs circuit next uear... What about the low-voltage halogen spots
in the lounge?

Even extra low voltage isn't exempted. AFAICS, there is nothing that
even excludes a doorbell.

And the second switch for the hall light? And how will any
inspector know what I did in '04 and what I did in '05?

He won't.

Cheers

Tom

--