BigWallop

"Tom W" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone tell me where to find out exactly what jobs will need regs
approval after 1/1/05? I've not installed any new circuits yet, but have
greatly extended my ground floor ring main (from 3 sockets to 19 sockets,
still within the floor area regulation). Apart from the fact that I've not
had to fiddle with the CU, how does this differ from installing a new
circuit in the eyes of the regulators? I plan to do something similar with
the upstairs circuit next uear... What about the low-voltage halogen spots
in the lounge? And the second switch for the hall light? And how will any
inspector know what I did in '04 and what I did in '05?

Cheers

Tom

snipped

They won't know what's changed unless, blessings forbid, something drastic
happens or you come sell the house in the future. The electrics, as well as
all other services to the building, will need checking during the survey
that the seller has to have done when the other new regs come to fruition.
It is also being advised that, when the property comes up for sale or
transfer, that the vendor has one full survey done on the property, and
which will cover all changes to shape, layout and extension, and internal
services supplied with the property.

This isn't just a change to the wiring requirements and the way these done.
It's a change to the whole way that the properties are sold on to others.
Instead of each individual would be buyer having their own survey done
before an offer is made, the seller will have to have a full structural and
plan layout survey of the property to hand to the buyer, to say that the
house is and has been done to full safety and health standards.

These only look like small changes to each individual service, but it is
actually a blanket change covering all aspects of the building and supply
industries.