Tom W

Hi

Can anyone tell me where to find out exactly what jobs will need regs
approval after 1/1/05? I've not installed any new circuits yet, but have
greatly extended my ground floor ring main (from 3 sockets to 19 sockets,
still within the floor area regulation). Apart from the fact that I've not
had to fiddle with the CU, how does this differ from installing a new
circuit in the eyes of the regulators? I plan to do something similar with
the upstairs circuit next uear... What about the low-voltage halogen spots
in the lounge? And the second switch for the hall light? And how will any
inspector know what I did in '04 and what I did in '05?

Cheers

Tom

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article .uk,
Ed Sirett wrote:

What I think will happen is that two housing markets will
develop - a fully certified & in A1 condition. Which the
younger, better and well refurbished houses will tend to belong
to. The less informed, the wealthier and the less adventurous
(in any combination) will buy these.

The other market will be for those who have to, wish to or want
to buy 'uncertified' property.
Which might be anything from a house with needs a rewire to one
which need rebuilding.

IOW just like the secondhand car market - A1 Approved from a
franchise dealer with price to match, or auction/small ads buyer
beware. And as with cars you may find that the extra cost of
compliance is recovered when you sell: what price a BMW "serviced
by a mate" compared with FSH?

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm