The Natural Philosopher

Brad J wrote:

If I were to install a new front door in a blank wall on the front of
my house, and don't get building control approval of the work, what
are the potential consequences? It's not a listed building and the
front door would open onto a piece of my own land.

I suspect you need planning approval more then BCO approval. Chat to
local planning dept.

Why don't I want to get building regs approval? Because it's a hassle,
it costs, and I know how to install a lintel properly etc. The house
isn't going to fall down...

All teh BCO will do is come and resuure himself you know what you are
doing, and make sure the door is good and snug, draughtfree and not made
of superconducting materials..

Its no big deal

Thank you,

Brad J