N. Thornton

Default Damp proof course for garden wall

"bob" wrote in message m...
I am getting a local brickie to build a garden wall using LBC 'heathers',
about 2m high and half-brick wide, with piers every 2m or so. The question
is - do I need a DPC, if so then what form should it take? Most brickies who
have quoted say that a DPC is not necessary for a garden wall, although one
recommended a DPC in the form of 2 rows of engineering bricks. I am
replacing a similar wall, built 25 years ago, which has a kind of mineral
bitumen sheet DPC - this seems a bad choice as the DPC is the weak point in
the wall (indeed some sections of this wall can be pushed over with a big
shove).

TIA, Bob

A felt DPC was a bad idea, sounds like it has made the wall dangerous.
I would think a DPC would keep the wall in better condition, even if
its not essential.

Regards, NT