Phil Addison

On 23 Nov 2004 12:06:25 -0800, (Rob Lloyd) wrote:

In a flat - all our radiators are hot at the top and cold in the
middle and the bottom.

I have been told this is not a trapped air problem - as they would be
cold at the top

We have a non combi boiler

Can anyone help come up with any ideas before I call an expensive
plumber

ie - how to flush radiators, or balance them????!!

Probably not sludge if the middle is cold - that would be a hell of a
lot of sludge. Check if you have flow by feeling both pipes which should
be both hot. If not, a lot more info is needed about your system to give
advice. See FAQ for general CH info and balancing info - if that is what
the problem is.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/