Andy Hall

On 30 Nov 2004 01:24:24 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"James" writes:

Do the traditional operators - such as BT - have membership of an
appropriate approved body? On second thoughts this is a silly question - to
meet the requirements only one of their thousands of employees needs to be a
member for the organisation as a whole to qualify.

Doesn't answer your question, but when I did 16th Edition
regs, there were a couple of BT engineers on the course.
Actually, only about half the attendees were electricians;
the others were telecom engingeers (not just BT), alarm
installers, heating installers, someone working on street
lamps, etc. The irony was that most of the electricians
were having a hard time following it, whereas all the
other trades were following along with no difficulty
at all. I don't actually know who passed and who didn't,
although a couple of the electricians did comment this
was not their first attempt. The same happened on the PAT
Testing course -- it was the electricions who didn't know
the difference between milliohms and megohms, something
which the course teacher teased them about several times,
and commented that this was normally the case whenever he
tought the course.

This is concerning but not surprising. If you're into one of these
other trades, you have to know how to put a few more wires in the
right place.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl