BigWallop

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

This is a question asked recently on another group:

"I have recently taken a 5A switched spur off of a single outlet in the

back
bedroom of my house to serve an outside light. I have used 2.5mm T&E

for
this. The light works, and the socket still works, however, if I plug a
"protector" plug in with a 4-way extension lead into the socket, the
protector trips immediately. This was not happening before. The

existing
socket was either part of a ring, or radial circuit as it had 2 cables

going
into it. The fuse at the CU end is a 15A and as far as I can tell, the

only
sockets on this circuit are 2 x doubles + said single outlet."

"All advice appreciated."

And you wonder why Part P is being implemented. :-))

And what difference would it make in this case?
The bloke will very likely have never heard of
it, and is very unlikely to care even supposing
he had.

Andrew Gabriel

But people are now telling me that electrical fires aren't an issue but,
with all I see and hear around me, I think they most definitely are now.
And they're on the increase.