Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

This is a question asked recently on another group:

"I have recently taken a 5A switched spur off of a single outlet in the back
bedroom of my house to serve an outside light. I have used 2.5mm T&E for
this. The light works, and the socket still works, however, if I plug a
"protector" plug in with a 4-way extension lead into the socket, the
protector trips immediately. This was not happening before. The existing
socket was either part of a ring, or radial circuit as it had 2 cables going
into it. The fuse at the CU end is a 15A and as far as I can tell, the only
sockets on this circuit are 2 x doubles + said single outlet."

"All advice appreciated."

And you wonder why Part P is being implemented. :-))

And what difference would it make in this case?
The bloke will very likely have never heard of
it, and is very unlikely to care even supposing
he had.

--
Andrew Gabriel