Paper2002AD

Subject: Just a thought about Part P...
Date: 29/11/2004 15:15 GMT Standard Time
Andy Hall wrote:

On 29 Nov 2004 13:44:00 GMT,
wrote:

Oh you cynic! How can you possibly think that the nanny state wants

anything but to protect us from ourselves?

While I'm much (totally?) in sympathy with the rants about part

'P'
might I point out that 'the nanny state' was put by there by *us*.

However, I wonder how many of *us* would have voted for *them* if they

thought that *they* would be involving themselves in trivial
legislation like this.

If by 'us' you mean the denizens of uk.d-i-y I susppect not many.

On the other hand 'we' (as in the population at large) certainly have
been voting for exactly this sort of thing overall, people want more
police, more control of how things can be sold, etc., etc. When asked
if you want more police and control of 'yobs' etc. most people will
say yes, things like part 'P' sort of

hang on the coat-tails of all
this.

Maybe there would be more sympathy for Part P if we did have more police (on
the beat, not behind desks) and if we did have control of yobs. As it is, we
do not have more police where it counts, we definitely do not have control of
yobs, AND we still have to suffer crap regulations like 'P', not to mention all
the other stuff handed down by our European masters